Do you know what it’s like to see someone who really needs your help, someone you KNOW you can help… and yet they aren’t hiring you? Which means they aren’t getting the help they need in order for their situation to improve… and you aren’t getting clients that allow you to use your gifts and have the life you want.
Frustrating right?! Depending on what kind of work you do, this could even be a little heart breaking.
If you’re sitting here wondering why they aren’t hiring you to get the help they need, good. It’s important to know so you can make the necessary adjustments, because when you do those people who need you will feel more excited to say “Yes” to working with you. And, that means more people getting the help they need and you getting to use your gifts and be useful!
Here are a few of the most likely reasons why your Soul Mate Clients aren’t saying “Yes” to working with you:
- They don’t think they need what you’re offering. This probably means:
- You’re selling your tools or modality instead of the result.
- You’re trying to sell what you know they need but they don’t know they need. You’re the expert so you might see things they don’t.
- You haven’t linked what you’re offering to something they feel compelled to have/be/change.
- You’re not actually letting them know how you can help them and what you can help them with.
- They don’t believe they can do it.
- There’s a part of them that doubts themselves. They think they aren’t capable of doing what it takes; to do the work, get the results, get the cash or find the time to make it happen…
- They don’t believe you can help them.
- There’s a part of them that doesn’t totally believe that you are the person that can help them. They wonder if you have the credentials, experience, or knowledge necessary to get them where they want to be. They have to know, like and trust you.
- They want your help, but figure that they will do it later….soon…but not right now.
- They have no motivation to make the changes, commitment or investment now vs. next month or next year. Whatever they can put off, they probably will. They don’t feel the urgency of getting out of the pain or a strong enough desire to experience the pleasure of whatever you are offering.
And, guess what, it’s your job to help this person understand why they do need your help and why it’s important for them to get it now vs. later. It’s also your job to let them know that they CAN do it. That with your support they can make it happen.
(It’s NOT, by the way, your job to convince, manipulate or push people nor is it your job to sell someone something they don’t need or to work with someone you don’t want to work with.)
I know it’s easy to make excuses for people you care about (whether you know them or not) or to just feel frustrated & annoyed with them. Instead, help them help themselves.
Don’t let the next person who needs your help not receive it simply because you aren’t communicating what you’re doing in a way that meets them where they are at. Start looking at how you can make any necessary changes + add in what https://www.facebook.com/groups/165857493774722/you need to in order to address the above in your marketing and communication and you’ll be leaps and bounds better at having your Soul Mate Clients say “yes” to working with you and getting the help they need.
To connect with us, please join the Soulful Success Tribe here.[thrive_leads id='4532']